Yield: 12 blondies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Combine melted butter, brown sugar, egg, almond extract, and salt in a medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in flour just until incorporated, then fold in white chocolate chips. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top with an offset spatula. Top batter with raspberries and sliced almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and set in the middle, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully lift parchment to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares with a sharp knife.