Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Blog Post Number 1524

On September 5, 2006, I began this blog, Order from Chaos, with the tagline, "An opportunity to comment on a life very full, with room for improvement, and little time to do it."  Since that day, I hope that you have enjoyed the content that I have posted here.  Those of you who know me, know that I like numbers, so here are some, as I hang up my shoes for this blog (as a regularly scheduled poster, anyway - I might post on occasion now and then).

I want to thank all of you, my dear readers, for traveling along with me.  It's been a great ride, and I'll check in now and again to see how you all are doing and to give you an update on the Brave Astronaut Clan.
  • 2 - the number of places I have lived during the life of this blog.  We're pretty settled at the Launchpad right now, I don't think we're moving again anytime soon.
  • 3 - the number of series that were posted on the blog: Presidents of the United States, States of the Union, and Signers of the Declaration.  I had thought about a series on UN Member States, but it never came to fruition.
  • 6 - the number of blogs I have maintained.  2 are private and specific to my and Mrs. BA's family but have not been "turned on" yet.  One was a political blog that I started - but it is entirely too painful to write about politics right now, I'm just trying to keep my head down and get through this nightmare.  We had a spinoff blog, Take Me Drunk, I'm Home, which was between my friends in a friendly competition for their best drunk stories.  There was also a blog for the fantasy baseball league that I was part of for a few years.
  • 10 - I posted about September 11 on September each year beginning in 2006.
  • 10, about to be 11 is the age of SoBA, who was not born when this blog was started.  LBA turns 14 and enters the 8th grade at the end of August.
  • 12 x 5 - I did "The 12 Posts of Christmas" five times over the history of the blog.  "Christmas" my favorite holiday was tagged 95 times in the blog.
  • 19 - the number of people who are following this blog.
  • 21 - the number of New Years Resolutions that I have posted on the blog, some were repeated from year to year, which should tell you how good I am at keeping those resolutions.
  • 29 - the number of stories I have in my "Feedly, Read Later" list. Feedly is where I get a lot of my recipes and other things that I have posted along the way.
  • 31 - the number of posts that I created during Blogtober 2012.
  • 67 - number of tags for "On This Date" - as an archivist and a "history geek" I tend to mark anniversaries when things come up.  I have also posted regularly on space items (including the launchpad fire that killed the Apollo 1 astronauts (Gus Grissom, Ed White, and Roger Chaffee), as I am (and always will be) the Brave Astronaut.
  • 569 - Mondays became Recipe Mondays - there have been 569 recipes posted here (my penultimate blog post was recipe 569, back in May - and I haven't posted to the blog since then).  The first recipe was for Overnight Waffles.  The most commented (12 comments) on recipe was for Pistachio Gelato.
  • 928 - the number of friends I have on Facebook, which is where I spend most of my time, though even that is hard with the current new situation.
  • 2561 / 239 / 390 - the number of tweets / people I am following / people that follow me on Twitter.  I'm not there much anymore - but come and follow me. @legloaj
  • 2578 / 359,766 - number of views of the blog over the last month / number of page views of the blog all time (the number of views of the blog by Russia is the highest (334) - but no, they haven't done anything with our systems, right?
Oh, and two last numbers
  • 97 - the number of days until the 2018 midterm elections, get out and vote.
  • 903 - the number of days until January 20, 2021.

No comments: