Monday, October 5, 2009

Maple Gingerbread

I am not a big fan of the gingerbread, but this one sounds tempting. I know, OSG, it's like you don't know me. I'm still a little scarred from last year's gingerbread bake-off at work. There is talk of a bagel taste test coming soon to the lunch table.

They are threatening to blindfold me and feed me bagel pieces to see if my declaration that I can taste the difference between a New York bagel and one from anywhere else. Bring it on. I'm waiting.

The recipe comes from the Cheverly Community Market Blog, which posted it via S&S Maple Camp in Western Maryland.

Maple Gingerbread
  • 1/2 cup Grade B Maple Syrup
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ginger
  • 1 teaspoon soda
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream
PREHEAT oven to 325 F. degrees.Combine and sift dry ingredients. Mix maple syrup with beaten eggs and add sour cream. Combine the mixture and bake in greased 8" x 8" pan for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or favorite ice cream. Yield: About 8 to 10 servings.

3 comments:

stinkypaw said...

I'm tempted to send you a pack of Montreal Bagels - I've been told they are among the best!

Archivalist said...

Doesn't like gingerbread....I'm still trying to get my head around that one.

And bagels? Not in Maine, sadly.

Brave Astronaut said...

Paw - I think we had this discussion before. Canadian bagels are certainly of interest, but there are so many other Canadian treats that I would start with.

AT - It's like you don't know me, right? My niece is out and about on an east coast tour. She's heading back to Lewiston in about a week - should I send her back with the best bagels ever?