Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Parents Lunch Out

Today is Veteran's Day here in the USA. It also marks a Federal Holiday and to "celebrate" Mrs. BA and I, along with a few other sets of parents are going out for lunch. We will have our children looked after by their teachers who don't mind the opportunity to look after our kids even when they have the day off.

We are likely going to a local establishment for some good burgers and beers. We are NOT going to this restaurant and we will NOT wind up with a check like this one. This is making its way around the Internet regarding the rather extreme bill of fare incurred by several people enjoying lunch at Nello's in New York. (seen many places, but captured from here)

4 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

I don't care how good the service was, a $7,329 tip is a bit cheeky

Philly Girl said...

Since the bill was overwhelmingly booze, I wonder if you can BYOB?

stinkypaw said...

That's ridiculous, I don't care how rich one is! There was lots of booze on there, and not the cheap stuff, 2 Cristal Rose, excuse me!

Brave Astronaut said...

Kim - well yes. But if you're trying to launder your money, that's one way to clean it.

Philly - Would you want to tell the Russian Mob Guy that he can't bring his own vodka?

Paw - I can understand drinking to forget, but I'd remember the prices of those bottles.