Friday, December 18, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

So it would seem the Snowpocalypse is coming the DC metro area. It's been snowing here for about an hour and it's definitely sticking. I grew up in New York, specifically on Long Island, and had my fair share of snowstorms growing up. I would watch and sometimes accompany my mother to the grocery store for the requisite milk, bread, and cat food. Today I ventured out at lunchtime to buy some supplies so we could hunker down and be ready for the forecasted 10"-18" of snow that are being predicted for the area. There is also the possibility for "Thundersnow" for tomorrow's storm.

It never ceases to amaze me, the level of panic the residents of our nation's capital rise to when snow is predicted. This definitely is a Southern town. For me, on what was to be a weekend of getting Christmas shopping done and a birthday lunch date and a movie with Mrs. BA, looks like it will be a weekend making cookies, chili, and keeping warm.

Bring it on! I love the snow and this looks like it will be a record breaker!

No comments: