Thursday, April 29, 2010

MARAC - Thursday morning

I've written this post while I await a friend to pick me up to drive to the Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (MARAC) Spring 2010 meeting, to take place in Wilmington, Delaware. There will be lots to do and good sessions to attend, including one in which I will chair and offer comment on several oral history projects going on in the MARAC region.

Upon arriving today, I will attend a meeting of the Finance Committee (which I will rotate off of after this meeting) and assist in conducting the audit of MARAC's books. There will be no Steering Committee meeting for me tonight as I did not win my election in March to be the next Maryland Caucus Representative. Oh well, there is still another job in MARAC that I would like and hope to have the opportunity to seek that position again next year.

There will be more later, perhaps infused with alcohol related prose as there is sure to be drinking tonight. There is a collective hush over the DC area today as the Washington Capitals failed in their attempt to make it to the next round of the playoffs, falling in Game 7 to the Montreal Canadiens. I am sure that we will drink tonight to try and forget that stinging loss among other reasons - well, not that we really ever need a reason . . .