- 6 cups cubed red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 ounces bacon (2 or 3 strips)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (any color or a combination)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions (about 2 scallions)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Freshly ground pepper
Put the potatoes in a large pot; add water just to cover and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels and finely chop.
In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, chopped bacon, bell pepper, onion and scallions.
In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over the potato mixture, tossing gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate or serve at room temperature.