- How long since you last played, sitting on the floor, with a child? The only problem with getting down on the floor is getting back up. I do play with the boys in the pool a fair bit, though.
- What was your favorite school trip? Full school trip - Quebec, 1982? "Club" (Model UN) trip, Washington, DC, 1983.
- When you go to sleep, do you wake up in the same position, or do you find blankets and pillows all over the place? I have just completed a home sleep study to see if it can be determined why I wake up more tired than when I went to bed. We'll see what happens.
- Shades, hat or both? Always shades, sometimes hat.
- Was there a time you thought “I wish I was born there!” If so when/where was it? From someone born in Plainview (the next town over from Hicksville) - I could think of lots of better places to have been born - but am happy with where I am from.
- Do you know how to make candy corn? Could you tell me? I don't. Somethings are just better bought than made.
- How many years have you been stitching? Did you learn by yourself or did someone help you along the way to the stitching madness it’s nowadays? I don't stitch - but I was a big latch hooker in the late 70s and early 80s.
- The perfect sandwich: what is in it? Boar's Head Bologna, sliced thick, on white bread, with mayo.
- Honestly, do you think ironing your clothes is really necessary? How do you deal with the dullest house work ever? I used to iron all of my shirts after washing them. Then I realized there were people who would do that for me. I don't iron anymore.
- You reckon there’s even duller things than ironing? What is it?! I am not a big fan of cleaning the bathroom - but it's not dull.
- Is there a TV commercial you like (makes you laugh, takes you back to old times, reminds you of someone you know . . .)? For laughs, this one, no doubt. For nostalgia, I think this one.
Friday, July 13, 2012
Taken from C in DC, who took it from someone else.