Friday, July 13, 2012

11 Questions

Taken from C in DC, who took it from someone else.
  1. How long since you last played, sitting on the floor, with a child?  The only problem with getting down on the floor is getting back up.  I do play with the boys in the pool a fair bit, though.
  2. What was your favorite school trip? Full school trip - Quebec, 1982? "Club" (Model UN) trip, Washington, DC, 1983.
  3. When you go to sleep, do you wake up in the same position, or do you find blankets and pillows all over the place? I have just completed a home sleep study to see if it can be determined why I wake up more tired than when I went to bed.  We'll see what happens.
  4. Shades, hat or both?  Always shades, sometimes hat.
  5. Was there a time you thought “I wish I was born there!” If so when/where was it?  From someone born in Plainview (the next town over from Hicksville) - I could think of lots of better places to have been born - but am happy with where I am from.
  6. Do you know how to make candy corn? Could you tell me? I don't.  Somethings are just better bought than made.
  7. How many years have you been stitching? Did you learn by yourself or did someone help you along the way to the stitching madness it’s nowadays?  I don't stitch - but I was a big latch hooker in the late 70s and early 80s.
  8. The perfect sandwich: what is in it?  Boar's Head Bologna, sliced thick, on white bread, with mayo.
  9. Honestly, do you think ironing your clothes is really necessary? How do you deal with the dullest house work ever?  I used to iron all of my shirts after washing them.  Then I realized there were people who would do that for me.  I don't iron anymore.
  10. You reckon there’s even duller things than ironing? What is it?!  I am not a big fan of cleaning the bathroom - but it's not dull.
  11. Is there a TV commercial you like (makes you laugh, takes you back to old times, reminds you of someone you know . . .)?  For laughs, this one, no doubt.  For nostalgia, I think this one.

No comments: