Roasted Cod on Large Garlic Croutons
Bon Appetit, June 2008
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, cored, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 5 anchovy fillets, minced
- 3 large garlic cloves (2 minced, 1 halved)
- 4 7- to 8-ounce cod fillets or other white fish fillets (such as halibut; about 1 inch thick)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices country white bread
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 475°F. Combine first 3 ingredients in large bowl. Add minced garlic and stir to blend. Season tomato mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
Arrange fish on rimmed baking sheet. Brush both sides with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until just opaque in center, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomato mixture. Cook until tomatoes soften and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
Toast bread; rub 1 side with cut side of halved garlic. Top with tomato sauce, basil leaves, fish, and more sauce.
Per serving: 414 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated), 75mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 20g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 39g protein (nutritional analysis provided by Nutrition Data)