Here's another one-pot recipe that should please the diners at the Launchpad. Via A Night Owl blog, from BuzzFeed.
One Pot Pizza Rigatoni
Prep time 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 8 servings
- 16 oz ground Italian sausage
- ½ cup pepperoni, divided
- 1 jar Marinara sauce
- 3 cups water
- 16 oz box rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Seasoning salt and pepper to taste
- In a large dutch oven pot, brown your ground Italian sausage; drain excess fat.
- Slice up about half of your pepperoni into strips and stir into Italian sausage and cook for a minute or so.
- Add your jar of sauce and seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
- Add water and box of rigatoni and bring it all to boil.
- Once boiling, cover your pot and reduce the heat to a simmer until pasta is cooked through and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove your pot from the heat, top with mozzarella and remaining pepperoni.
- Place into oven to broil on high until the cheese is melted and golden brown.