Gateau au Yaourt
Makes one 10-inch cake
- 250 milliliters (1 cup) whole milk plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 160 grams (3/4 cup plus 1 scant tablespoon) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 milliliters vegetable oil (slightly less than 4oz.)
- 250 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat the oven to 350° F and line a round 10-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and oil.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture, mixing only until all traces of flour disappear. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top is golden and a tester comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.