Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 410°F. Place a dark-colored roasting pan (a baking tray works as well) in the oven to heat up.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and the milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, breadcrumbs, baking powder and seasoning together.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the flour, coating evenly and shaking off any extra flour.
- Next, coat the chicken pieces in the egg mixtures. Then, dip them into the flour again, this time coating very well.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven and melt the butter on it. Place the coated chicken pieces on the tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, carefully flip and bake for another 5-10 minutes (depending on how thick your chicken pieces are). Finish by broiling the chicken until it turns golden brown and crispy.