Friday, October 27, 2006

MARAC Morristown - Thursday

Today is Friday October 27, 2006. It is the first full day of the Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference Fall 2006 Meeting in Morristown, New Jersey.

I arrived here in Morristown on Wednesday evening in advance of playing in the MARAC Metal Edge Golf Tournament, which was played on Thursday morning at the Flanders Valley Golf Course in nearby Flanders, NJ. Four hearty MARAC members came out to play in temperatures that did not break 45 degrees and a killer wind that chilled us to the bone. Despite the conditions, all had fun and I really want to extend my thanks to Bob Henderson at Metal Edge, who sponsored the tournament.

Thursday evening, back at the hotel, I went to the Steering Committee meeting for the organization. I serve as MARAC's Treasurer and we discussed the issues confronting MARAC, including the possibility of taking credit cards online for membership and registration fees.

After the meeting, I needed a break from the hotel and convinced my friend and MARAC roommate to head out to a local bar to watch the end of World Series Game 4, only to see the St. Louis Cardinals go up three games to one over the Detroit Tigers. Avid readers of my blog will note that I refrained from making a prediction for the series as my baseball predictions have proved to be way off mark. So let me go out on a limb here and say that the Cardinals should wrap it up tonight, ensuring the Tigers will win and head back to Detroit to win the Series in seven games.

No comments: