Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The World's Hardest Quiz

I used to be a teacher. Part of that time I spent as the "In-School Suspension" teacher. (If you have to ask, you were never there - and that's good.) I accumulated over my teaching time a number of quizzes that I could give to students who were without something to do. I've kept them and am now sharing them with you. Here's another oldie, but a goodie. Answers next week.
  1. Which is further west: Reno, Nevada or Los Angeles, California?

  2. How many mules are on a 20-mule team?

  3. For what kind of animal are the Canary Islands named?

  4. In Mary Shelley's book, Frankenstein, what was the name of the monster?

  5. Len has it before, Paul takes it after, Bryan does not take it. Girls only get in once, boys don't want it. The old must have it, the young can do without it. Mrs. Mulligan had it twice in succession, Dr. Lowell of Harvard has it twice as bad as at the end as the beginning. What is it?

  6. If you travel directly south from Detroit, Michigan, what is the first foreign country you hit?

  7. In what season does Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" take place?

  8. What were the first words spoken when man landed on the moon?

  9. How many of each species did Moses take on the ark?

  10. Can a man in Texas marry his widow's sister?

3 comments:

Spellbound said...

I bet the surely teens got a lot of them wrong too. For instance, I bet a lot of them didn't know the answer to number 6. The first foreign country south of Detroit is Eastern Kentucky. Trust me on this. I've been there.

Anonymous said...

Canada comes before Kentucky, though.

Archivalist said...

1. Reno

4. Phil. Ok, don't think it had a name.

5. L

6. Alabammy

8. Holy s***! We're on the moon!

9. Ha ha ... Moses ... c'mon now.

10. He MUST marry her.