Saturday, September 8, 2007

Nugget from the Southwest Airlines Magazine

While flying my favorite airline back and forth to Chicago last week, I found this in the pages of Spirit Magazine.

"Lefties earn 15% more than righties."

The statistic was further explained. "We're talking about male southpaws only. [Hey, that's me!] There was no difference among women. Why the disparity between lefties and righties? Researchers have no clue, but a group from Australia may be on to something. They found that left-handed kids spend less time on educational activities and more time watching television than right-handed kids. [Wait, a minute, that seems like a dig, but I missed it because I was watching M*A*S*H reruns] Maybe everything bad is good for you, after all."

I will just point out, as I usually do when someone takes notice of my left-handedness. And thanks, Mom for making me so. Just remember, "if the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, only left-handed people are in their right minds."

1 comment:

Kim Ayres said...

When I was a wee kids I was pretty much ambidextrous. However, society favoured the right handed, so I ended up as right handed purely because I practiced more with it. If learning something entirely new I often find I'm equally good (or bad) with either hand.