Here, by popular request, are two sangria recipes. The first comes from NJM and it is for red sangria:
The basics, as I learned them in Segovia, are:
- A bottle of half decent red wine
- up to a cup of some sort of spirits: gin, brandy, or citrus (or fruit) vodka, depending on how strong you want it
- the juice of a lemon, a lime and an orange
- some sugar - up to about half a cup depending on the quality of the wine and the amount of added spirits
- a lemon, a lime and an orange sliced.Combine all in a pitcher. Add lots of ice. Serve.
The second recipe was for a white sangria featured at little OSGs birthday party. However, that recipe has not yet come through the tubes. NJM related a recipe to me verbally this afternoon, but I didn't have my mental pen handy and didn't get it all down. I am sure that she will be happy to put the recipe in the comments section though. Same goes for Mrs. OSG, if she finds the recipe in her inbox.