Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Hope and a Prayer


Today is September 11, 2008. It was seven years ago this morning that the world in which we live was forever changed. I posted about my experiences in 2001 here. We are now preparing for a presidential election where we will elect a new Chief Executive to steer our nation in this new world. Now, I have a political blog and my allegiances are fairly well known. But I am using this blog to make a pitch to every American to exercise their right to vote.

This election is by far the most important one of my generation. It is likely to be close and the result may not even be immediately known. However you feel, whichever candidate you support, please get involved. You owe it to yourself to vote. You don't get to speak if you don't use your voice.

If you need some inspiration, think about the thousands of people who aren't here anymore as a result of the attacks we remember today. Don't you think they would like to have a say in the direction this country goes?

So today, stop, remember, and then get involved. We have no choice. The future is in our hands.

No comments: