Monday, May 4, 2009

Election Results

As most of you may know, I was running for Town Council here in Cheverly, MD. Today was election day and after all the votes have been counted, I came up short. The incumbent was reelected. I promise to the residents of the Ward that I will stay involved and keep the Council Member on message and make sure that he communicates to the residents about what is going on in the town.

My thanks to everyone who expressed their support of my candidacy and I am grateful to those who voted for me today.

Update: ChvBlog has several updates on the elections, including video and photos: here, here, here, and here.

Update 2: The local newspaper, the Gazette has coverage of the elections here.

7 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

You should have put some of your recipes on your promotional flyers. I'm sure you'd have got more votes :)

Eryl said...

I'm sorry to hear this, BA, but your time will come.

Southern Gentleman said...

The OSG family is surely sorry to hear this news. Now you can set your goals as the next Mayor of Cheverly!

Philly Girl said...

Sorry to hear this news. Keep that incumbent honest!

6th Floor blog said...

Aww. Sorry, how much did you lose by? respectable? or blown out? Keep your head up, your name out there! good luck.

Lana Gramlich said...

Dang, hon! I'm sorry to hear it. I really can't imagine anyone who deserves that kind of win more. Perhaps next time..?

Brave Astronaut said...

Kim - perhaps that would have put me over the top.

Eryl - Thanks, I hope so

OSG - Perhaps, but Mayor is a whole different kettle of fish.

Philly - You bet.

6th Floor - Let's just say I didn't win and a recount wouldn't have helped.

Lana - Thanks