Thursday, May 21, 2009

Take Your President to Work Today

A quick post (because I said I would try to be better) to point out that the President of the United States came to the National Archives today to give a "major speech" on terrorism, torture, and national security. He stood in the Rotunda of the National Archives and spoke eloquently (as he does so well) about the future of America, and why he believes closing Guantanamo Bay is essential. You can watch the speech from C-SPAN here. He gave the shout-out to the head of the National Archives, Acting Archivist Adrienne Thomas. We just need to teach him to pronounce "archivist" correctly.

This has not been a good week for the National Archives. On Tuesday evening, it was reported that a hard drive had gone missing from the National Archives. At the same time, the results of the National Capital Survey were released, which rate the agencies of the Federal Government. The National Archives came in next to last.

I love my job. Most of the people I know love their job. Who answered the survey? I know I did. And hey, the President came to see us, that's gotta count for something, right?

2 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

That's really cool! Sorry to hear about the hard drive, though. That's a bummer...

Brave Astronaut said...

It was very cool. But you are right about the hard drive.