Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Feeling Old is Only a State of Mind

Trust me on this. Better yet, ask NJM - she'll tell you, I'm 12. Alas, the years advance, there's more gray in my hair than any other color and I definitely don't move as fast as I used to. So why is it that I subscribe to this particular blog? They do say the mind is the first thing to go . . . wait, what was I saying?

Wanna Feel Old?

The Brave Astronaut clan is on the road for a few days to attend the high school graduation of one of my nephews - oh good, something else to make me feel old.

4 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

I vary from being 35 to 16 billion years old. I never was a child, even when I was young. Couldn't wait to grow up.

Brave Astronaut said...

Yes, but when you were young, remember how everybody else was ancient? You really wanted to be like them? Peter Pan had it right!

Lana Gramlich said...

I think the gray is very distinguished (although I'm sure you'll consider that "old.") I'm actually relishing all of my own gray, as well.
The funny thing about the "Wanna Feel Old" website is that, to me, most of what I've seen there is still pretty new. Wanna feel REALLY old? Think back to the days when you had to get up to change the TV channel (only 2-13 of those,) & when they went OFF THE AIR at the END OF THE BROADCAST DAY. Speak to young people about that. They'll look incredulous or flat out laugh at you.

Brave Astronaut said...

Lana - That whole concept is hard to wrap one's head around. Remember the National Anthem being played as they signed off? Of course, there is the early era of cable when the box was actually attached to the TV with a cable.