Monday, June 22, 2009

Live Long and . . . Drink Romulan Ale and Eat Jello Ice Cream

But first - I'm weeping over the latest concoction from Coldstone Creamery. Then again, licking melted ice cream off of ones fingers is a summer ritual - is it not? Available until the end of July.

I have yet to see the new Star Trek movie, although I would like to. With the release of the latest movie, there was a flurry of news items regarding the food selections of the Star Trek genre. I saw this first on Kottke, which linked to a blog post on "The food of Star Trek." Romulan Ale for everyone!

Romulan Ale

Ingredients
  • 25 ml. Vodka
  • 25 ml. Triple Sec
  • 25 ml. Blue Curacao
  • 25 ml. Lemonade
Combine all in a tall glass. Add ice if you desire. Drink.

4 comments:

pcw said...

As someone who watched Star Trek (the original series) when it first aired, I really enjoyed the new movie. I went with David,the boys and Kathy for Mother's Day (their idea of how best to celebrate that day). It was the first time in a long while, I knew more of the Trek culture references than they did.

ScottE. said...

Jello Pudding Ice Cream...guess I'm making a trip at lunch tomorrow! Oh sweet heaven.

J in PA said...

I strongly recommend the Star Trek movie - a good time had by all!!

Brave Astronaut said...

PCW - The Brave Astronaut family is thinking of a "sweet" vacation. Interested?

Scott - Please let me know how it was!

Jim - it's on the list - need to find a date and a babysitter.