Double Barbecue Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Chicken
from Betty Crocker
Mouthwatering and moist, this grilled chicken gets flavor from bacon and two kinds of barbecue sauce, one tangy, the other creamy with a kick.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes 4 servings
White Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices packaged precooked bacon
- 2 teaspoons barbecue seasoning
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, stir together white barbecue sauce ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 slices bacon, stretching bacon to cover as much of the breast as possible; secure ends of bacon to chicken with toothpicks. Sprinkle both sides with barbecue seasoning.
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 5 minutes. Brush with 2 tablespoons of the barbecue sauce. Cook 5 to 7 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Turn chicken; brush with remaining barbecue sauce. Serve chicken topped with white barbecue sauce.