Sunday, December 2, 2012

The 12 Posts of Christmas (2012), volume I

Today is December 2, and we are well into the holiday season - having put Thanksgiving in the rear view mirror (we had a wonderful time at the beach, with friends).  The holiday music is in full shuffle mode on the iPod and at some point, I will put the Christmas playlists on exclusively. Today is the first Sunday of Advent, the first day of the Catholic Church liturgical year. 

Yesterday I ushered at Ford's Theatre for a matinee performance of A Christmas Carol.  It's there until December 30.  If you're in the DC area you should go see it.  If you go on December 15, I'll be there again - maybe I'll help you to your seat.  After the show, I came home to help co-host the church men's club celebration dinner.  A good time was had by all.

Today I spent my afternoon doing some yard work, all the leaves are finally down off the trees.  I also took advantage of the warm(er) weather and hung the Christmas lights.  I ran into darkness before I got all of the lights out that I was hoping for - so maybe there will be some more lighting next weekend.  But next Sunday will also be the annual Christmas tree hunting expedition.  This year we are trying a new place - in Harper's Ferry.  We'll see what happens.

Here's a picture taken by Mrs. BA showing how the house looks so far.

No comments: