The Brave Astronaut clan will celebrate in front of the TV watching the game with little hot dogs, nachos, maybe some chicken wings. There may even be some Pizza Rolls in the freezer that may make an appearance.
I don't think our spread will rise to this level of complexity - but we will eat well. Maybe Mrs. BA can be convinced to make a Super Bowl cake again.
Here's a selection of special Super Bowl Slow Cooker recipes for your enjoyment. I personally like the "Easy Potato Casserole."
Slow Cooker Baked Potato Casserole
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into a large dice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Progresso Creamy Three Cheese Recipe Starter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- Place the peeled and chopped potatoes in a small slow cooker. Drizzle the oil over the potatoes. Cook on high for 3 hours (or low for 6).
- Mash the cooked potatoes with a fork. Add the creamy cheese sauce and stir to combine. Add a pinch of salt and cook an additional hour.
- In the meantime, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan and place on a couple of paper towels to drain. Chop.
- Transfer potatoes to an oven-safe serving bowl. Sprinkle the cheese on top and broil for a couple of minutes until browned and bubbly.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and chives.
- Serve immediately!
- You can always double or triple the recipe for a large crowd, and use a large slow cooker.