Via Spoon University
Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-14 minutes
Total time: 22-30 minutes
Serving Size 48 Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 oz (2 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder (or 4 tbs. instant-coffee granules, crushed)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cooling rack with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a larger bowl, beat the butter and coffee until well combined. Add the confectioners’ sugar and brown sugar and beat until combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture about ½ cup at a time.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out about 1 tbs. of dough at a time, flattening it into disks.
- Place each disk on an ungreased baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the edges start to darken, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 1-2 minutes and then transfer them to cooling racks.