Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Shallots
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, tough outer leaves removed, base trimmed, sprouts cut in half
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Several large shallots, peeled and thickly sliced, about a cup
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
In a oven-safe pan, heat the oil on medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about 5-8 minutes. Add the brussel sprouts and garlic and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes, until the sprouts start to brown. Add 2 TB of balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper.
Place in oven, pre-heated to 425 degrees, uncovered. Cook for 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven,, add remaining balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.