Slow Cooker Beef Roast
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 6 hours
Total time 6 hours 10 mins
- 1 3-pound chuck or rump roast (see note)
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 pounds potatoes, chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large white or yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons cold water + 3 tablespoons corn starch
- Whisk together steak seasoning and Italian seasoning. Rub seasoning mix all over the roast. Grease a slow cooker. Add roast, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery. Cover and cook on low for 9 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- minutes before serving, prepare the gravy. Drain liquid from sow cooker into a medium sauce pan. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bring to a boil.
- Whisk together corn starch and cold water. Add to sauce pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow to thicken for 3-5 minutes.
- Place roast on a large plate or serving platter. Use a fork to gently pull apart the roast. Pour gravy over roast (and veggies if desired) and serve. Enjoy!
*This method also works well with larger roasts up to 8 pounds. Simply adjust the amount of carrots and potatoes to feed however many are in your group. Follow instructions as written. For roasts over 8 pounds, double the entire recipe.