For Ash Wednesday, Catholics are requested to abstain from meat (and also give something up for Lent), so maybe we will have salmon for dinner. Here's a recipe for Salmon with Brussel Sprouts (which I think are coming in the box tomorrow - along with more snow overnight). Recipe from Diethood via BuzzFeed.
One Sheet Pan Garlic Roasted Salmon with Brussels Sprouts
Serves: 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
FOR THE BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 2 pounds brussel sprouts, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons STAR Garlic Flavored Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
FOR THE SALMON
2 pounds salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 6 portions
1 tablespoon STAR Garlic Flavored Olive Oil
3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon salt fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine trimmed brussel sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper; mix until well combined.
- Transfer brussel sprouts to previously prepared baking sheet; arrange in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking.
- In the meantime, prepare the salmon.
- Drizzle salmon with olive oil.
- Evenly divide and press minced garlic on top of each fillet.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Remove baking sheet from oven; move the brussel sprouts around, making 6 empty spots for the salmon fillets.
- Place salmon in empty spots and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
- Remove from oven; let stand 2 minutes and serve.