I am partial to the Fajitas when I go to a Mexican restaurant. This recipe combines the best of both worlds. Via BuzzFeed.
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, sliced
- 3 Bell Peppers, sliced
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 8 Tortillas
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Cups Mexican Cheese Blend
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips, about an inch apart, and coat with taco seasoning. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil and cook chicken until no longer pink and slightly charred. Remove cooked chicken from the skillet.
- Heat another Tbsp. oil, add onion and garlic and cook for a couple minutes until it’s slightly translucent. Add the peppers, and cook slightly, then mix in the cooked chicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a clean pan, melt a bit of butter. Add a tortilla and move it around until it’s buttery. Add cheese, then fajita mixture, then more cheese, then top with another tortilla and pat it down.
- Flip the quesadilla over and cook the other side until it’s golden. Remove from pan and cut into quarters. Repeat these steps with the remaining tortillas.
- Optional - Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa. Enjoy!