Therefore, it's time to drink! From Creative Culinary via the above linked post from Liquor.com
The Firecracker - Watermelon, Lime and Cucumber Cocktail
- 4 oz Prairie Cucumber Vodka
- 4 (1-inch) cubes of seedless watermelon
- 2 limes, diced
- 2 oz simple syrup (boil 1/4 cup water and sugar just until sugar dissolves. Add 1/4 cup ice to cool - refrigerate leftovers)
- Lime Rim (equal amounts salt and sugar combined with some fresh grated lime)
- 2 Watermelon Slices
- 2 cucumber slices
- 2 small mint sprigs
Combine vodka, watermelon and lime in a cocktail shaker. Muddle all ingredients well. Add simple syrup, fill with ice, cover and shake until ice cold.
Rim the glasses with a cut lime and dip in the lime rim mixture.
Fill the glasses with ice and pour the ingredients from the shaker into the glasses.
Garnish with a watermelon slice, a cucumber slice and a mint sprig.
- No Cucumber Vodka? No problem. Simply add a couple of slices to cucumber to the watermelon and lime and muddle them together; use regular vodka of your choosing. Enjoy!