Here's a recipe that is sure to please LBA and SoBA (although the latter is always iffy). From One Pot Dinners from BuzzFeed via Unicorns in the Kitchen.
One Pan Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounce pasta
- 1/3 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (or more)
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute onion until golden brown.
- Add in chicken breast pieces and saute until the color has changed to light brown, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add in sauce and water. Stir and add in pasta. cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until pasta is cooked. uncover and let it simmer until the sauce is thick and reduced.
- Top with parmigiano reggiano and mozzarella, cover and cook for 1 minute until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.