Complete Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner
- 1½ pounds red potatoes, halved
- 1 medium white onion, quartered
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3½- to 4-pound whole chicken
- 1 wedge lemon
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- ¾ pound fresh green beans
- Lay the halved potatoes and half of the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix butter, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic until well-combined.
- Stuff the chicken with the other half of the onion and lemon wedge.
- Rub the herb butter mixture all over the outside of the chicken.
- Place the chicken on top of the potatoes and onions in the slow cooker and place a sprig of thyme and rosemary on top. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet.
- Add the green beans to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lemon and onion from inside the chicken. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the skin is golden brown. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving.