- 1 pound skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream
- Season skirt steak with salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin.
- Cook on high heat for roughly 3 minutes on each side, for medium-rare.
- Let the steak rest for 10 minutes, then slice into strips.
- While the steak is resting, sauté onion and garlic until slightly translucent. Add bell peppers and jalapeño, cook slightly, then mix in the steak. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a clean pan, melt butter. Lay the tortilla on the buttered pan, add cheese, fajita mixture, and more cheese, then top with another tortilla and pat it down.
- Flip the quesadilla over and cook the other side until it’s golden. Remove from pan and cut into quarters or eighths. Repeat these steps with the remaining tortillas.
- Serve immediately with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.