Sunday, January 21, 2007

Who Needs Fantasy Football?

I have to admit I don't understand fantasy sports leagues. While I can hold my own in a conversation about most sports, the intricacies of the fantasy sports player are lost on me. In today's Washington Post, I found a new option, several actually.

I have signed up to take part in the new 110th Fantasy Congress. Coming soon, I will be able to draft my political team of four senators and twelve representatives) and watch as I accrue points as those players do . . . something.

Other options in the article are:
  • Fantasy Fashion League - I could not get this site to load, perhaps I have no fashion sense.
  • Fantasy Moguls - This is similar to something I used to be a part of years ago, the Hollywood Stock Exchange, where, I have learned, my account is still valid.
  • Fantasy Music League - $70 million in virtual cash and if you are lucky, no one shouting "I'm a Golden God" from somebody's rooftop.
  • Fantasy Television - pick twelve characters and amass points based on screen time. Here's to the guy who had Curtis Manning for this season.
  • Tabloid Fantasy League - The drawback? You have to check the covers of US Weekly, InTouch, Star, and People to see who makes the cover.

You have fun now and remember, the Internet is only part reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you really don't want to check the tabloids, tabfl checks them for you. It's not just the covers. You can draft your team of celebs and they score points by appearing in the mags. In fact, i think a brave astronaut private league should be formed. Anyone game? www.tabfl.com