Thursday, November 22, 2007

Let Us Give Thanks, Part II

Well the clog is still there, but I am not calling a plumber on Thanksgiving so he can be thankful for the time and a half. But we will make the best of it for our family Thanksgiving. Peace to you all. I wish you all a very blessed Thanksgiving. I am thankful for many things this holiday.

I am thankful for my family, although I am not celebrating with any of them this holiday. And a teeny part of me is a little thankful for that, too.

I am thankful to my wife's family, who will be sharing our Thanksgiving bounty in our new home.

I am thankful my extended circle of friends and colleagues who pitched in for the Brave Astronaut family, when we bought our new home. We are happy to have the organizer of that effort at our table today.

I am thankful for all those who I call "friend," whether here in the Internet world, colleagues, friendly acquaintances, and those friends who while I may not see or talk to regularly enough, are still special to me.

I am thankful for my own family. My wife, who is the love of my life and continues to amaze me with her love for me. My son, who is approaching his third birthday and loves to have the three of us in the same room and makes me melt when he demands hugs and kisses before leaving the room where I am. And I am thankful for his brother, who will arrive at the end of next month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sympathies on the clog. Yesterday we discovered that our water main is leaking in the backyard (& has been, although not so badly, for most of the past year.) Our plumber will be here tomorrow. I hope my insurance will cover the repair (particularly as my car's currently in the shop with potentially irrepairable transmission problems.)
Regardless of these annoyances, I recognize that they're nothing compared to the blessings in my life.
Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving! :)

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on other writer's blogs. Happy TG, a bit late, and how exciting a new little one is on the way! Best, RG