Sunday, January 6, 2008

It's Epiphany. Here's some God stuff

Everybody loves Google Earth. You know you have put your address in to see if you were standing out front when the satellite went over snapping pictures. Well, here, the Glue Society presents the Bible According to Google Earth [from the Creative Review blog].

Looking at the pictures, you can see the Crucifixion, Adam and Eve catching some rays in the Garden of Eden, where Noah's Ark ran aground, and Moses parting the Red Sea.

The blog entry ends by noting that "the Glue Society is aiming to produce further works using the same satellite imagery next year but this time relating to mythological occurrences and major historical events." That sounds like something worth waiting for.

2 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

From what I understand, there's also Google Moon. I haven't checked it out yet, although I should.
Although I haven't checked my address on Google Earth, I know the satellite maps available via Google are at least 1.5 years out of date. Not only do they say I live down the street from where I do, but the only feature of our home is the driveway (from before the house was built.)

stinkypaw said...

Very intersting indeed, and maybe I'm the only one, but no, I haven't put my address in to see if I was home when Google Earth snap their pictures... call me weird, it's ok.

BTW, I tagged you do to a little meme, so, if you have a chance, drop by to see what it's all about.