- The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends: Boxing
- North American landmark constantly moving backward: Niagara Falls. The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.
- Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons: Asparagus and Rhubarb.
- The fruit with its seeds on the outside: Strawberry.
- How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.
- Three English words beginning with dw: Dwarf, Dwell and Dwindle. (Although I would maintain "dwelling", and "dweeb" are valid)
- Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar: period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation, point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.
- The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh: Lettuce.
- Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with 'S': shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.
- This one, by the way, was for those of you who actually know the proper way to type, what they showed in typing classes . . . "Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand and "lollipop" is the longest word typed with your right hand.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Hard Quiz Answers
Here are the answers to Stinkypaw's quiz.