Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Two down, one to go

As previously reported here, I lost an election for a position I really wanted. Not to be outdone, I was also a candidate for a position in my national professional organization. On Friday, I learned that I lost that election too. I don't know what that means for me - but it may very well make it hard for me to travel to the Annual Meeting this year in Austin, Texas. Mrs. BA is already going as she has a speaking role at the conference, but I might be home with the boys for that week, instead of incurring the additional costs of all of us traveling to Texas.

This leaves me with one remaining election, that of Town Council Member where I live. That election is next Monday. I am in the only contested election in the Town, running against an incumbent, who is seeking his third full term (he was appointed to the remainder of his predecessor's term, when she was elected Mayor).

I have no sense of how this election will turn out, but I have been meeting many of the residents and have greatly enjoyed getting to know them and hearing their issues and questions. I have started yet another blog, specific to issues within the Ward I am seeking to represent. Regardless of what happens next Monday, I will stay involved in the town and work to make my community the best that it can be.

My thanks to those of you out there who voted for me.

2 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

I believe the saying goes; Third time's the charm. ;)
Keeping my best thoughts & hopes for you. Best of luck!

Brave Astronaut said...

Lana - so they tell me. We'll see. Watch this space to see what happens.