Here's a list from Time Out of the 100 best animated movies. If the Brave Astronaut clan has seen the film, I've noted that in my comments. How many have you seen? (via kottke)
100. Peter Pan (Disney, 1953) - this is a little disappointing having this at the bottom of the list. Of the Disney classics on this list, I've seen most if not all, but the boys haven't yet - in some cases, they seen (by request) the lesser sequels to some of the Disney films.In my opinion, missing from the list:
99. Millennium Actress (anime, 2001) - I don't have a lot of exposure to the anime genre - and haven't seen the majority, if not all of the ones on this list.
98. Feherlofia (1981)
97. Perfect Blue (anime, 1997)
96. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (anime, 1984)
95. Little Otik (2000)
94. Night on the Galactic Railroad (1985) - it's got cats in it, but I've not seen it
93. Kirijou and the Sorceress (1998)
92. James and the Giant Peach (1996) - the boys may have seen this, but I don't recall seeing it
91. Gulliver's Travels (1939) - I've seen this, but the boys have not
90. Goodbye Mr. Christie (2011) - it may be animated, but it's not a kid's film
89. ParaNorman (2012) - the boys have seen this
88. Ernest & Celestine (2012)
87. Bugs Bunny / Road Runner Movie (1979) - a timeless classic and one the boys have seen as I too have
86. The Tale of the Fox (1930) - the world's first feature-length stop-motion animation
85. Coonskin (1975) - another cartoon, but not a kid's movie
84. Castle in the Sky (anime, 1976)
83. Ghost in the Shell (anime, 1995)
82. Alice in Wonderland (1951) - I've seen it, of course
81. Robin Hood (1973) - Also seen by me
80. The Lord of the Rings (1978) - I've not seen the "real films" and have a vague recollection of having seen parts of this animated version of the book
79. The King and the Mockingbird (1980)
78. Kung Fu Panda (2008) - this is one of those ones that we've all seen and the boys have also exposed themselves to the sequels, though most, if not all of them are never as good as the first
77. Faust (1994) - a blend of both live-action and animation
76. Coraline (2009) - I think the boys have seen this
75. Paprika (2006)
74. Heavy Traffic (1973) - as noted in the description, "A grubby New York City, a murderous cast of characters and plenty of off-color jokes — Walt would not approve."
73. Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (anime, 2004)
72. The Lion King (Disney, 1994) - Hakuna Matata, baby!
71. Rango (2011) - we went through a phase where we watched this, a lot.
70. Pom Poko (anime, 1994)
69. Porco Rosso (anime, 1992)
68. Aladdin (Disney, 1992) - with the unfortunate departure of the "Genie" from this world, I'm trying to get this onto the movie night calendar.
67. Frozen (2013) - Mrs. BA took the boys to see this (or maybe it was my MIL), all I know is that it wasn't me - thank God
66. Sleeping Beauty (Disney, 1959)
65. Neon Genesis Evangelion: the End of Evangelion (anime, 1997)
64. King Kong (1933) - B&W stop-action classic
63. Jason and the Argonauts (1963) - Argo F*&K yourself, oh wait, that's a different movie
62. Heaven and Earth Magic (1962)
61. Only Yesterday (anime, 1991)
60. Kiki's Delivery Service (anime, 1989)
59. Animal Farm (1954) - I actually saw this in school as part of an English class, where we had read the book
58. The Illusionist (2010)
57. Lady and the Tramp (Disney, 1955)
56. Wreck-it-Ralph (2012) - the Brave Astronaut clan owns this movie
55. Whisper of the Heart (anime, 1955)
54. Tangled (Disney, 2010) - we've also all seen this movie
53. Mind Game (anime, 2004)
52. Tokyo Godfathers (anime, 2003)
51. Sita Sings the Blues (2008)
50. Fritz the Cat (1972) - another film that had Walt Disney turning in his grave
49. The Lego Movie (2014) - don't be such a bon vivant - of course, we've seen this movie!
48. The Castle of Cagliostro (anime, 1979)
47. Allegro Non Troppo (1976) - a Fantasia knockoff
46. Waltz with Bashir (2008)
45. Monsters, Inc. (2001) - a very popular film at the launchpad
44. The Little Mermaid (1989) - I think the boys have seen this
43. Cinderella (1950)
42. Mary and Max (2009)
41. The Secret of Nimh (1982) - I've seen this, and have proposed it to the boys, but got no interest - it also violates the rat/mouse move embargo in place by Mrs. BA
40. When the Wind Blows (1986)
39. Walking Life (2001)
38. Consuming Spirits (2012)
37. How to Train Your Dragon (2012) - enjoyed by both LBA and SoBA
36. Wall-E (2008) - I've not seen this, but the boys have
35. Chicken Run (2000) - this has been played at the launchpad
34. The Adventures of Prince Achmed (1926)
33. Beauty and the Beast (1991) - one of my favorites
32. Toy Story 3 (2010) - just don't make me watch the end, again
31. Finding Nemo (2003) - just keep swimming, just keep swimming
30. Toy Story 2 (1999) - I would actually swap 2 and 3
29. The Jungle Book (Disney, 1967) - I got the boys to watch this recently
28. Princess Mononoke (anime, 1997)
27. Watership Down (1978) - a borderline not for kids move, it's very powerful
26. South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (1999) - never.
25. Persepolis (2007)
24. Bambi (Disney, 1942) - stay out of the meadow, Bambi!
23. 101 Dalmatians (Disney, 1961) - one of my most favorite Disney classics
22. The Triplets of Belleville (2003)
21. Fantastic Planet (1973)
20. Up (2009) - Squirrel!
19. Ratatouille (2007) - I like this one a lot, too
18. Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) - I showed this to the boys recently, they seemed to enjoy it, but not as much as I did when I first saw it.
17. Wallace & Gromit in the Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005) - we've seen at least one of the W&G movies, but I don't recall if it was this one.
16. It's Such a Beautiful Day (2012)
15. Grave of the Fireflies (anime, 1988)
14. Akira (anime, 1988)
13. Fantasia (Disney, 1940)
12. Alice (1988)
11. Yellow Submarine (1968) - I think the boys could watch this, though not in the state that most have probably watched this movie.
10. Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009) - seen by both boys (I've seen parts of this also)
9. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) - Tim Burton, not for me.
8. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Disney, 1937)
7. The Iron Giant (1999) - I think LBA has seen this
6. Dumbo (Disney, 1941) - I still have trouble watching this one, though most of the Disney films start off with this tragic beginning, for some reason, this one is the most emotional for me.
5. The Incredibles (2004) - enjoyed by all at the Launchpad
4. Toy Story (1995)
3. My Neighbor Totoro (anime, 1988)
2. Spirited Away (anime, 2001)
1. Pinocchio (Disney, 1940)
- A Bug's Life
- The Aristocats
- The Fox and the Hound
- Winnie the Pooh
- I would even cast a vote for Mary Poppins, though primarily a live-action film