Easy Grilled Rack of Lamb with a Creamy Feta-Horseradish Sauce
Serves 3 to 4
Creamy Feta-Horseradish Sauce:
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche
- 2 ounces feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon buttermilk (optional)
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced marjoram (oregano is fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1 rack of American lamb
- Preheat grill to 375˚F. (over high heat)
- For the sauce: Place all ingredients into a food processor and whip until smooth. Adjust seasonings and set aside.
- French the ribs of the rack (unless you’ve already had a butcher do so for you) and wrap the tips of each rib with about an inch of aluminum foil.
- Place the thyme, oregano and rosemary into a small bowl and toss together. Set aside.
- Once the grill is hot, brush both the rack and grill with extra virgin olive oil and generously season the rack with herb mix, salt and pepper, on both sides.
- Place rack on the grill, fat side down and sear for about 4 minutes. Flip the rack and continue to sear for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the flames to medium and cover the grill. Allow the rack to grill with the cover closed, for about 6 to 8 minutes (keeping a close eye out for flame ups), uncover the grill allow the rack to continue to cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. This will give you medium to medium-rare results. For a medium to medium-well rack of lamb, keep grill cover closed for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer the lamb onto a cutting board and loosely cover with foil. Allow the lamb to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve rack with sauce and roasted radishes.