Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 whole Yellow Or White Onion, Diced
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 whole Large Carrots, Peeled And Finely Diced
- 2 cans (28 Ounces Each) Whole Tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Sugar (more To Taste)
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Oregano (optional; Use Whatever Dried Or Fresh Herbs You Like)
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Parsley, Plus More For Serving
- Cooked Pasta, For Serving
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese, For Serving
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste (optional)
In a medium pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and carrots and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pour the tomatoes and juice in a large bowl and use your hands to gently squish/smush the tomatoes so that the juices are released and they are all broken up. Add the contents of the bowl to the pot and stir. Add the salt, pepper, sugar, and oregano (or other dried or fresh herbs). Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Add minced fresh parsley at the end and taste/adjust the sauce for seasonings.
Toss with pasta, then serve on top of the pasta with Parmesan and more parsley (or fresh basil if you have it!)
(Note: If you like a slightly deeper flavor, add the optional tomato paste when you add the tomatoes.)