Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It's the Conference Semifinals (Recap of Round 1)

Now that the first round of playoffs are over (and the Rangers are well rested after their sweep of the Thrashers - the first sweep by the Rangers since, that's right, 1994!) with the final game played last night and the Canucks emerging victorious over the Dallas Stars (you might recall the Canucks are the team the Rangers defeated for the Cup in 1994!)

How did our guest blogger do? Let's take a look.
  • Nashville v. San Jose - "Nashville in 7 hard fought games" - Oh, sorry, wrong answer. I will however say I picked this one right, Sharks in 5.
  • Vancouver v. Dallas - "Vancouver in 5" - We'll give him this one, Vancouver should have had it in 5, but needed the 7th game to ice the Stars.
  • Anaheim v. Minnesota - "I think the Wild is the one team that could really create an upset . . . Anaheim in 5, though Minnesota in 6 would not be a big surprise" - DING, on the money, though I thought the Wild would pull it out in the six games as Anaheim shouldn't have a hockey team.
  • Detroit v. Calgary - "Detroit in 5" - They needed six games, but that's 2 more than I thought. I saw sweep.
  • Ottawa v. Pittsburgh - "Ottawa in 6" - I said seven, ADR said 6, the Senators only needed 5 to dispatch the Penguins. All the better, because I missed most of the Ranger games because of this stupid series.
  • Atlanta v. NY Rangers - "Honestly, I don't think Atlanta is ready to win in the playoffs, so I will surprise you - NYR in 6" - Get out the brooms, baby, Rangers did it in 4, first advance to the second round since 1997 and as previously mentioned, first sweep since they hoisted the Cup.
  • New Jersey v. Tampa - "I will use this for my sweep pick. New Jersey in 4" - I hate the Devils though I had them in six games, which is how many they needed to off the Lightning.
  • Buffalo v. NY Isles - "It is hard to pick against talent. Buffalo in 5" - Again, DING, on the money. I guess he knows of what he speaks.

So ADR goes 7-1 on his picks! Great job.

1 comment:

Archivalist said...

7-1, hmph. Ah well...even though I went 4-4 I still get a guest spot in round 2. Picks have been sent, so the toiling readers can eagerly await word from on high...