Monday, April 30, 2007

Recipe (for Success)

I'm still drained from watching the Ranger's double overtime win last night and while I am cooking dinner tonight (salmon on the grill, some rice), I encourage everyone to order in tomorrow night so as to not miss a moment of when the Rangers pull even in their series against the Buffalo Sabres. I am sure that C in DC will be happy to share with me her wing recipe, which can certainly be next Monday's recipe (if necessary :), of course).

My recollection of going to Ranger games involves food however. There were the meals either beforehand or post-game at Charley O's (if you have to ask, you've never been there). Then there were the snack grabs in Penn Station waiting for the LIRR to take us home. That usually consisted of perhaps soft-serve or maybe a good NYC pretzel (with mustard, of course).

At the games, I have fond memories of sitting in the blue seats (again, if you have to ask, you've never sat there - it's where the real fans sit), where my fellow Ranger fans would enjoy Italian pastries and whiskey (from a flask). But they made sure not to yell "Potvin Sucks" with their mouths full.

Let's Go Rangers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since my wing recipe is just deep fried chicken wings coated in a sauce consisting of melted butter and ample quantities of Frank's hot sauce (to taste), I'll come up with a better Buffalo-centric recipe for you for next Monday. Here's a link to the history of Buffalo-style chicken wings: http://www.anchorbar.com/origins.asp.

Brave Astronaut said...

(drool)Yuuuuummmmm, fried butter