1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
So seven weird or random things about me. Let's see . . .
- I didn't drink beer until I went away to college. I never really had a taste for it. I was (and for the most part still prefer) a vodka drinker. And my tolerance will never be what it was in college, but I am still an enjoyable drunk. Just ask [stamp foot, stamp foot]. But that won't impact my ability to keep the stories rolling for the blogging month of drunkenness.
- I do not hold a valid passport. I had one for a trip to France in 1983, but it has long gone away into the ether. Mrs. BA's is around somewhere, but it's expired and has her wrong name on it. That trip to France and two trips to Bermuda are the only ones off of the North American continent that I have taken, making Canada the only other foreign country I have ever visited.
- I have a flair for the dramatic and have been known to exaggerate on occasion. I would love to act in a stage production some day. And I even promise to not sing.
- I inherited my mother's ability to cry at the drop of a hat. It may be part sentimentality, but there are any number of movies that I can't watch without getting a little misty eyed. It also makes being mad difficult, if you are trying to be angry and all you want to do is start crying.
- "I am a model train enthusiast . . . about ten years ago, I killed a man in a bar fight. It was in Minnesota and . . . I just ran. I never heard from the police and I'm not about to give them a call . . . Every now and then, I take out his wallet and think, Steve Dercy, you poor son of a bitch." [I graduated from high school with the man who helped craft the above "confession." Judd Apatow produced "Anchorman" and the above lines appear on the soundtrack, spoken by Will Ferrell. So, no, I didn't kill Steve and I have never even been to Minnesota. Natalie Portman also graduated from my high school.
- My chosen profession, despite it not being my first choice, suits my personality. I am crazy neat and pretty organized. I like to use lists and like to have a clean desk and neat, orderly piles to do my work.
- My current profession was not my first choice. I was a teacher for about six years until I left education. I became an archivist after my first wife left a job that she didn't like. I applied for it in her place.
- The 6th Floor Blog. There are at least seven people running around that apartment at one time or another. Everybody gives up one factoid. C'mon Anne. Crack that whip.
- Lana at the Dreaming Tree. Let's see if you can come up with seven things that I don't remember about my high school friend. And I figure you will tag Charles, whose blog I also now read, or else I would.
- As discussed, I am tagging NJM. She can respond in the comments along with . . .
- Ed in Pittsburgh. That's right, click on the hot link in the reader, come over to the site, spend a few minutes, and flash us all with some juicy secrets.
- Anna, Amy, Kim, and Stinkypaw, you're off the hook, unless you want to be on it.