Monday, March 10, 2008

Oh Fudge, Part II

Here, as promised, is the second fudge recipe. This one is provided by frequent commenter to this blog, DD. Enjoy.
  • 3 cups chocolate chips - any kind you like - semi-sweet, milk chocolate, Hershey's, Nestle's - I like to use Ghirardelli's ( or if you are really adventurous use white, or mint, or peanut butter, or butterscotch chips, or a blend and swirl them together, marble style)
  • 1 can (14oz) Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
  • dash salt
  • 1 cup chopped nuts - optional - I use pecans
  • 1 1/2 t vanilla - real Mexican if you have it
You can do this in the microwave but I like to use the stove. Melt the chocolate over low heat - watch and stir it or it WILL burn. Stir in dash of salt and sweetened milk. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and nuts. Spread into foil-lined square (8 x 8?) pan. Chill until set, then cut and put in pretty box or tin lined with saran wrap. Keep it covered so it doesn't dry out.

I usually only make this at Christmas so I make several batches at once. If it's cold outside just set it on the back porch to set - out of reach of the critters.

Smooth and creamy. Yum!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yum, fudge.

Now on to the completely off-topic point of my comment . . .


Check out this Cartophilia post about the Festival of Maps in Baltimore.


If you go, let me know how it was.

Unknown said...

Now I'll have to give you my lactose-free fudge recipe. It's so creamy, you'd never guess there's no milk in it.