- Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.
- What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward? (Lana, you are not allowed to get this one wrong)
- Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
- What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
- In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle.. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
- Only three words in standard English begin with the letters 'dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them. (Although those of us who posted answers to Stinkypaw maintain there are at least two more.)
- There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?
- Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
- Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.'
- Name the longest word type with only the left hand and then the longest word with the right hand.
Friday, March 28, 2008
A Tough Quiz
This one comes from one of my blogging friends up north in Canada. She posted it on her blog and made us all look stupid in a big hurry. Here's the questions and the answers will follow, as always, next week.