Saturday, August 17, 2013

Let's Go Zephyrs!

Tonight is the Brave Astronaut's last night in the Big Easy and the Annual Meeting of the Society of American Archivists. I am celebrating with an outing with a group of friends at the New Orleans Zephyrs game in nearby Metarie.  As most of you know - I have been organizing outings to baseball at the SAA Annual Meeting for the past several years, including a visit to the Zephyrs and New Orleans in 2005 (a week before Katrina struck the city).

For that past few baseball seasons, I have also been running a fantasy baseball team, named the Brave Astronauts of course.  I have finished in the middle of the pack most years - this year I have had better offense than I have had in years past, when my pitching has been strongest.  Some time ago, I saw this post about the "Ultimate Fictional Baseball Team."  It's like fantasy, fantasy baseball.


Thanks SAA for another great week in the Big Easy!  Back home again tomorrow!

No comments: