Cookie | February 2009
Yield: Makes 6 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 16-ounce bag store-bought pizza dough
- 6 tablespoons fresh or jarred marinara sauce (such as Rao’s)
- 6 store-bought turkey meatballs (such as Murray’s or Trader Joe’s)
- 6 tablespoons shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1 egg 1 teaspoon milk (any fat content)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll the dough out about ¼ inch thick. Cut it into eighths (2 will be left over).
- Grease a 6-cup muffin tin. Line each cup with a piece of dough, letting the excess hang over the sides.
- Fill each with 1 tablespoon of sauce and 1 meatball. Divide the cheeses equally among the cups.
- Gather each bit of excess dough up around the filling, pinching it together at the top.
- Whisk the egg with the milk to make a wash. Brush it onto each pouch.
- Bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.