Here's a recipe that I spotted a while back on making Meatball Sliders at home - I could easily do this. From Flavor Mosaic.
Meatball Biscuit Sliders
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 25 mins
Total time 40 mins
- 1 package Pillsbury refrigerated Grands biscuits
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or adjust to taste)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (I like lots of pepper)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare biscuits according to package directions. Set aside.
- Place the ground beef and Italian sausage into a mixing bowl, and season with onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Add 2 eggs, Parmesan cheese, and seasoned bread crumbs. Mix until evenly blended. Then form into 1-1/2 inch meatballs, and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 400 degrees until no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place one meatball on top of the bottom half of one biscuit. Spoon about one or two teaspoons of marinara sauce on top of each meatball. Sprinkle with a little shredded mozzarella cheese. Return the meatballs with the bottom half of the biscuits to the oven for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Top with the other half of the biscuit and serve.