Now if I had only known about some of these, it could be an even better day!
18 Free Things You Can Get on Your Birthday (from BuzzFeed)
"Tons of businesses (especially chain restaurants) offer rewards during your birthday week/month; most of them require you to sign up in advance, so don’t wait until the night before to plan out your TOTALLY FREE DAY. And it never hurts to double-check with an establishment ahead of time in case a deal has expired or changed." I get free pizza from Ella's in DC, a free entree from Hank's, and a free dish from Noodles and Company.
- IHOP has a program called the Pancake Revolution that offers a free meal on your birthday. (And kids eat free with an adult - and the Brave Astronaut clan likes Breakfast for Dinner - why don't we go there more?) You also get one just for signing up and on your anniversary.
- Waffle House Regulars get a free meal too.
- Delta will give you $100 off a trip booked through one of their vacation packages during your birthday month. (This I can get behind!)
- Cinemark will give you a free concession (read: popcorn) if you sign up for their email list.
- Starbucks Rewards members receive a free drink. (Oh, I get this one too!)
- Or, if you’re more into Dunkin’ Donuts, you can get a free coffee from them. I guess you could always do both and stay caffeinated all birthday long.
- Get free admission to Medieval Times by joining the King’s Court. (I've been once. I don't feel the need to return)
- If you’re a Sephora Beauty Insider, you get a free gift.
- If you happen to be in South Africa, enjoy a trip on the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway. (Yeah, next time I'm there)
- And if you’re in California, snag a trip to Catalina Island. And if you're in California, snag a trip to Catalina Island
- Get a scoop from Baskin-Robbins when you sign up for their Birthday Club. Friendly’s offers an ice cream sundae and Dairy Queen offers Blizzards as well. (Never, ever turn down free ice cream)
- (Although who needs ice cream when you can have FREE DIPPIN’ DOTS?) Sign up for their Forty Below Zero club and taste the future.
- Missouri residents can receive a free lottery ticket by signing up for the email list. If you’re into that/are over 18.
- Get a free gift from Hooters. Apparently it’s ten free wings, but this could vary based on location and availability. Again, whatever you’re into. (I understand their wings are delicious)
- Join CVS’ Extra Care Beauty Club and you’ll get $3 on your birthday.
- And Kmart’s Birthday Club offers $5.
- If you’re on Foursquare, check to see if people have left tips re: free birthday drinks, appetizers, etc. at your local spots. Or, you know, just ask the bartender (and tip generously).
- And, since humans aren’t the only ones with birthdays, sign up your pet for Petco’s Birthday Club for special treats and savings.